If you are a Homeowner with lots of trees on your property then chances are you will have to hire a local tree service from time to time. You may have some dangerous trees that should be removed. Perhaps you just want a few trees trimmed. No matter what the scope of the tree service project you will want to get the best possible deal.
If you have had tree work done in the past then you will agree with me when I say that hiring a local tree service company is expensive. There is just no way around it. Tree work requires heavy duty equipment and fancy tools. Plus it is a skilled trade and dangerous work so labor is expensive. With all this in mind, it is obvious why getting a good price for a dependable company to do your tree work safely is very important.
But if you are like most people you don’t have the first clue about tree removal nor how much it should cost for your unique project. If this is true then how are you suppose to know how to get the best deal on tree service?
This is a step by step guide that will teach you how to get the best deal for tree service.
- Make a Tree Service Project List – The first thing you need to do is to simply make a list of all the tree work you want to be done.
- Research Project List – Next you want to just briefly go online and try to determine if what you want is actually a good idea. It may also be a good idea to ask a friend who has some knowledge on the subject if such a person is available to you.
- Make a List of Local Tree Service Companies – Now you want to find all the available tree guys in your area. You can look online, ask friends for referrals, and simply keep your eyes and ears open. Try to make notes on what you find. You will eventually need to decide who knows what they are doing and who is likely to put a tree limb through your roof.
- Set up 3-5 Tree Service Estimates – It’s time to pick the 3 to 5 services that you think are likely the best and most reputable. Don’t just go for the cheapest. What appears cheap could end up being the most expensive nightmare you ever had. Call and set up estimate appointments with the companies you chose.
- Do the Estimates – Meet with each of the tree service guys and show them the project. You are going to want to take note of what you think of each one as well as the price.
- Review Your Options – Now that you have all the estimates it’s time to make some decisions. Start by getting rid of anyone that obviously has to go. Maybe they seemed untrustworthy or unprofessional somehow. Typically it is easy to get rid of one or two.
- Call for a Better Price – Typically you can call back the ones you like and ask for a better price. The best way to do this is to alert them to the price of the lowest bid you got and ask them if they would be able to beat it. Some of the guys may not budge and others will.
- Make Your Selection – Finally, it is time to pick the tree service company you want. At this point, it may be best just to go with the lowest price as long as you have good reason to believe that they are all capable of doing the job properly. Now you can make the call to the winner and congratulate yourself for getting the best deal for tree service and saving some big money that helps keep you within your budget.